Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks! For more information, please see my disclosure policy.
How to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Simple yet Deliciously Easy Dessert
Not sure what to do for your loved one on Valentine’s Day?
Never know what to get or do for that special someone?
So weird question for you?
Do they like pie?
Do they like cherries?
Yes, but no?
I understand. I am not a cherry person, typically myself, but this easy Valentine’s Day dessert pie works!
And I suppose you could try it with some other type of fruit but sticking with something like a berry, if not cherries, would probably be best.
This recipe is adapted from an old cookbook from a family member, called The Sampler.
This Valentine’s Day dessert just happens to be my brother’s most favorite dessert (has nothing to do with Valentine’s Day thought!) and an always requested dessert when he visits.
I’ll be honest, even though I am a through and through chocolate dessert person, this is probably a close second!
O.k, enough, let’s get started. 🙂
First, let’s start with the crust, since of course it’s the base of the pie.
So, this part I did from ‘scratch’, but of course you could use an already made graham cracker crust too.
If you have graham crackers, sugar and butter already at home, you’ll be set to go if you’re up for trying a semi homemade crust. 🙂
It’s super simple.
Take about 10 graham cracker sheets and crush them. Take 1/3 cup of sugar and 6 tablespoons of softened butter and the crushed graham cracker and mix them all together.
Simply pour this mixture into your pie pan and do your best to press it into a crust shape.
(my corners were a bit thick so maybe using the bottom of a cup or bowl would help even out the crust)
Place in the refrigerator for an hour or so until the crust is set.
Put the pie in the fridge for about two hours or until you’re ready to serve it.
We like to put our cherry filling on right before serving. If you’d like the cherries to be chilled too, go ahead and put the cherries on top of the cream cheese filling and chill.
There you go.
Really such an easy Valentine’s Day dessert to make and your loved one will fall in love with it too, just like they did you! 🙂
- 10 graham cracker sheets, crushed
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 15 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh, bottled or frozen)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb 6 oz (1 can)j cherry pie filling
- Mix the crushed graham crackers, sugar and melted butter together.
- Pour the mixture into your pie pan and do your best to press it into a crust shape. Not too thin and not too thick.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour or so until the crust is set.
- Whip the cream cheese a bit with a hand mixer or whisk so it'll be smoother.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla to cream cheese and mix until well blended and smooth.
- Put mixture in chilled crust and place back in the refrigerator for another two hours or so to set.
- When your ready to serve, spread the cherry pie filling over entire pie.